The City of Sonoma Streets Division is responsible for:
- Maintenance of over 40 miles of streets and roads throughout Sonoma.
- Graffiti abatement within the public right-of-way.
- Traffic control and parking control markings.
- Street signs.
- Striping and curb painting.
- Right-of-way weed abatement.
- Storm drain inlet and drainage ditch maintenance.
- Street sweeping (see map)
During special events (parades, Plaza events, emergencies), crews provide barricades and other traffic control assistance.
Street maintenance staff also oversees contract tree trimming and removal related to street resurfacing and curb, gutter and sidewalk repair or replacement.
Maintaining the quality of stormwater flowing into our creeks and bay is a primary function of the Streets Division. Their efforts prevent debris from clogging or passing through our storm drain system to the creeks and bay. The most visible component of this effort is our street sweeper, operated by Wilson Trood.
You can help by minimizing the amount of debris on the streets and gutters. Please rake your leaves and place them in your yard waste container. Do not sweep or blow debris into the street or gutter.
Sidewalk Trip Hazard Repair Policy
Copyright City of Sonoma 2015
All Rights Reserved.
Site Designed by Planeteria Web Design