Fiscal Year 2021 - 2022 Council Goals
On September 10, 2021, the Council conducted its annual retreat to discuss, among other things, City Council goals/priorities, norms and protocols, agenda/meeting policies and procedures, and future agenda items. FY 2021-2022 goals are as follows (not in order of priority):
- Develop comprehensive, long-term parking strategy for the Downtown District, with focus on Plaza Retail Overlay District (PROD), which will include the use of the Casa Grande Parking lot.
- Update development code to reflect current/best practices and to establish objective development standards.
- Enhance City revenues by applying for operational and capital grants, seeking state/federal reimbursements, and exploring/identifying new revenue sources.
- Develop an “Enhancement Plan” for the Plaza Park to evaluate and recommend improvements, renovations, and/or enhancements to address facilities, landscaping/trees, park amenities and structures, and trash/recycling stations.
- Create design standards and long-term plan for “parklets.”
- Conduct a “Valley-wide Governance Study” to explore ways to more efficiently and effectively deliver municipal services throughout Sonoma Valley.
- Develop financial and operational strategy to better maintain and operate cemeteries.
- Develop strategy to address local homeless issues including coordination of activities with SOS and HAS and with a focus on county-wide efforts.
- Develop affordable housing strategy as a component of the Housing Element.
Staff is in the process of developing a workplan for implementing the Council’s goals/priorities. The workplan will be brought to the Council for consideration at a future meeting.