Small Cell Towers
Description: Verizon submitted applications to install wireless telecommunication facilities in the public right of way in 10 locations within Sonoma (3 commercially zoned locations and 7 residentially zoned locations).
At the Planning Commission meeting on November 8th, 2018 three commercially zoned Use Permits were reviewed by the Planning Commission. Verizon responded to comments from the public and Planning Commissioners by requesting additional time to provide the City with re-designs of their proposed equipment at the three commercially zoned locations. Subsequently, the City and Verizon modified a processing timeline agreement.
In March 2019, Verizon requested an additional extension of 60 days on all deadlines to provide the City with new designs of the proposed facilities. The City and Verizon modified the processing timeline agreement to reflect the 60-day extension.
Commercial Applications (3 applications) - Updated Calendar
- TBD - Planning Commission hearing on revised plans
- July 3, 2019 - Deadline for City Council final determination on any appeals
Residential Applications are suspended without further action until a final determination on the commercial applications.
- July 31, 2019 - Last day for Verizon to provide notice to reinitiate residential applications
- October 31, 2019 - 90 days after notice by Verizon to reinitiate the applications - Planning Commission makes determination on applications
- January 31, 202 - 90 days after Planning Commission determination - City Council makes final determination on any appeals