Description: Verizon submitted applications to install Close Proximity Microwave Radiation Antennas ('CPMRA') on PG&E utility poles in the public rights of way in 10 locations within Sonoma (3 commercial locations and 7 residential locations).
Current Status: The City requested additional information from Verizon regarding vaulting (undergrounding of equipment) and other aesthetic information. Verizon required additional time to put this information together and the August 30, 2018 meeting of the Planning Commission was cancelled.
The City and Verizon modified the timeline agreement based on this change in meeting dates. The City and Verizon have set November 8, 2018 as the date for the Planning Commission to hear the commercial small cell tower sites. The City and Verizon have also updated the dates in the agreement regarding the processing of these applications. Under the terms of the agreement, the seven (7) residential applications are still suspended. See the news post for details and timeline information.
Commercial Applications (3 applications) - Updated Calendar
- November 8, 2018 - Planning Commission hearing on commercial applications
- TBD - second Planning Commission hearing (if necessary)
- March 4, 2019 - Deadline for City Council final determination on any appeals
Residential Applications are suspended without further action until a final determination on the commercial applications.
- March 31, 2019 - Last day for Verizon to provide notice to reinitiate residential applications
- June 30, 2019 - 90 days after notice by Verizon to reinitiate the applications - Planning Commission makes determination on applications
- September 30, 2019 - 90 days after Planning Commission determination - City Council makes final determination on any appeals