Small Cell Towers
Description: Verizon submitted applications to install wireless telecommunication facilities in the public right of way in 10 locations within Sonoma (3 commercially zoned locations and 7 residentially zoned locations).
At the Planning Commission meeting on November 8th, 2018, where the three commercially zoned Use Permits were being reviewed by the Planning Commission, Verizon responded to comments from the public and Planning Commissioners by requesting additional time to provide the City with re-designs of their proposed equipment at the three commercially zoned locations. Subsequently, the City and Verizon modified a processing timeline agreement.
Commercial Applications (3 applications) - Updated Calendar
Verizon to provide City with updated and revised plans within 30 days of the November 8th meeting.
- TBD - Planning Commission hearing on revised plans
- May 4, 2019 - Deadline for City Council final determination on any appeals
Residential Applications are suspended without further action until a final determination on the commercial applications.
- May 31, 2019 - Last day for Verizon to provide notice to reinitiate residential applications
- August 30, 2019 - 90 days after notice by Verizon to reinitiate the applications - Planning Commission makes determination on applications
- November 30, 2019 - 90 days after Planning Commission determination - City Council makes final determination on any appeals