10/28/19, 10:00 AM – The Red Flag Warning and High Wind Advisory for Sonoma County ends at 11:00 AM today. For updates on the Kincade Fire and current evacuation areas, go to https://socoemergency.org/.
PG&E has issued an “all clear” for the current Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) event and are beginning inspections and re-energization of affected areas. For updates view the PG&E power restoration map or call PG&E at 800-743-5002.
PG&E is currently monitoring a weather event projected to arrive Tuesday, October 29th through Wednesday, October 30th. Sonoma County is currently under a Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) “Watch” status for this developing weather event. Read more about this potential event on PG&E’s website.
- A structure fire last night on the 600 block of Napa Road resulted in a power shutoff affecting approximately 1,800 customers in the City and County. The fire is out and PG&E is on scene to get power restored.
- There are no road closures currently in the City.
- City Hall and the Plaza Visitors Center are open today. The Sonoma Plaza Park remains CLOSED as City crews and contractors address safety issues from wind-damaged trees and downed branches. The park may be reopened in stages as work progresses.
- The Sonoma Veterans Building is currently set up and on Standby status as an emergency shelter. There is not a need for volunteers or donations at this time; see our latest update for for more information. The current list of shelters can be found at: https://socoemergency.org/home/emergency/evacuation-centers/.
- With the Sonoma Veterans Memorial Building on standby as a shelter, it will not be open as a Charging Center today. The PG&E Community Resource Center at Hanna Boys Center remains open today for charging devices from 8 AM – 8PM.