Named the eighth-best 4th of July celebration in the country by Travel+Leisure Magazine & Yahoo News, Sonoma’s 4th of July Celebration is a tradition that brings the community together and honors our great nation’s independence.
The Sonoma Volunteer Firefighter Association oversees the celebration that begins with the Parade, followed by an old-fashioned festival with food, drink and game booths by Sonoma’s non-profit organizations. All proceeds raised from the festival benefit Sonoma’s nonprofit community. The 4th of July festival concludes around 5 p.m. when all eyes shift to the skies at dusk above General Vallejo’s field for the spectacular fireworks show that lasts approximately 45 minutes.
2019 Fourth of July Festival Events Schedule
- 6 a.m. – Vendors begin to set up on the Plaza
- 6 a.m. – Spectator set up time on the Plaza. – NO Early Setup
- 7:45 a.m. – All parade participants and drop-offs should be in place
8 a.m. – Hard Road closures on surrounding Plaza Streets, Roads will remain closed until after the parade and ceremonies, re-opening between Noon and 1 p.m. on July 4:
- W. Spain @ Second St. West
- E. Spain @ Second St. East
- W. Napa @ Second St. West
- E. Napa @ Second St. East
- 1st St. West @ Norrbom Rd & McDonnell
- 1st St. East @ Blue Wing Dr. and Patten St.
- Broadway @ MacArthur
- 8 a.m. – SVFA begins selling Mimosas
- 9 a.m. – Vendors begin selling
- 10 a.m. – Parade Begins
- Noon – Patriotic Ceremony – Grinstead Amphitheater
- Noon – Parade Awards – Grinstead Amphitheater
- Plaza Music – Grinstead Amphitheater
- 12:30 p.m. – Mighty Creatures of Habit
- 2 p.m. – Driven 707
- 3:30 p.m. – Illegitimate AC/DC
- 7 p.m. – 10 p.m. – Bluerock Band at Field of Dreams – Vendors in SPD Parking lot
- General Vallejo’s Home driveway will be closed at 5:00 to all public vehicles and shut down completely (foot traffic) along with the bike path at 8:30 pm no exceptions for safety concerns and will not reopen until it is deemed safe to do so approximately 20 to 30 mins after the show
- Dusk – SVFA Fireworks Presentation – General Vallejo Field
Some rules to remember…
- No chairs or personal belongings may be set up before 6 a.m. on July 4th (Including canopies & blankets). Items left overnight are subject to removal by the Sonoma Police Department.
- For everyone’s viewing pleasure, we are discouraging the use of pop up tents.
- No generators allowed on the plaza.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed outside of the plaza.