Maintenance Worker I/II – Public Works Department
The City of Sonoma is recruiting to fill one Maintenance Worker position in the Public Works Department. The position will perform maintenance functions in an assigned division, including streets, parks, cemeteries or water distribution systems; operate, maintain, and repair assigned City facilities; and provide technical support to an assigned supervisor.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to perform semi-skilled tasks in a variety of construction and maintenance activities; to learn to operate a variety of vehicular and stationary mechanical equipment in a safe and effective manner in routine situations; to understand and follow oral and written instructions; to perform heavy manual labor; and to maintain cooperative relationships with fellow workers.
MAINTENANCE WORKER I
- Experience and Training
- Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. Some construction or manual labor experience is desirable. Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
- License and Certificate
- If assigned to Water, possession of, or ability to obtain, a Water Distribution Operator Grade 1 certificate from the State Water Resources Control Board within twelve months of appointment.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
MAINTENANCE WORKER II
In addition to the qualifications for the Maintenance Worker I, a Maintenance Worker II must possess:
- Knowledge of:
- Departmental policies and procedures are relative to the assigned area of responsibility. Pertinent local, state and federal laws, codes, ordinances and regulations are applicable to area of assignment. Basic arithmetic skills to calculate volumes, areas, lengths, percentages and conversions as required by area of assignment.
- Ability to:
- Train and direct less experienced maintenance staff. Operate specialized tools and equipment used in assigned area.
- Experience and Training:
- Two years of responsible experience similar to Maintenance Worker I with the City of Sonoma.
- License and Certificate
- If assigned to Water, possession of a Water Distribution Operator Grade 2 certificate from the State Water Resources Control Board.
The current annual salary range for this position is:
MWI $58,479 – $71,081
MWII $64,326 – $78,189
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity please submit an application electronically to: City of Sonoma – Attention Cathy Lanning, Administrative Services Manager, email@example.com. View and/or Download the recruitment brochure.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled. An application is available online, at City Hall, No. 1 The Plaza, Sonoma, CA 95476 or by calling 707-938-3681.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org