Beginning May 24, the Sonoma Valley Regional Library offers in-person Express Services six days a week. Express Services will allow those who have limited access to our online library, or who miss their in-person library experience, to join in reopening gradually and safely. County libraries will open six days a week, five hours at a time, at 50 percent capacity. As the county moves into higher tiers and more people are vaccinated, our services will expand. Reservations no longer required.
The library will be open as follows:
During Express Services, in-person services will be available:
- Browsing and checking out books, CDs, DVDs and more
- Computer use, including self-service scan, and print
- Free 24/7 WiFi access
- Visitors are required to wear a properly fitting face covering, follow social distancing guidelines and follow the posted signage and verbal directions of library staff
- Patrons will be encouraged to use hand sanitizer upon entry
- Food or drink inside the library are not permitted
- Stay home if you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms
In addition to the guidelines above, the library is working to protect the safety of patrons and staff:
- Limiting occupancy inside the library
- Promoting touchless service, like self-checkout and “Click & Collect” curbside pickup
- Disinfecting high-touch surfaces regularly
- Installing plexiglass at service desks
- Placing social distancing markers and signs throughout the library
- Providing hand sanitation stations throughout the library
Sonoma County Library will continue to offer extensive services online. Conact the library: Fill out the Contact Us form, email email@example.com, or call (707) 996-5217, or text 707-632-4591.
Curbside service is still available by request during in-person open hours, with additional curbside hours at regional libraries. See website for more information.