The Sonoma City Council will hold a public hearing to receive comments on the Declaring a Water Shortage Emergency Condition in the Sonoma Area and Declaring a Stage 2 Water Shortage for the City of Sonoma Water Service Area at their regular meeting on June 21st at 6:00 PM. Once posted, the agenda for the June 21st meeting will available for viewing on the City’s CivicWeb portal. Read the complete notice of public hearing. City Council declared a voluntary Stage 1 Water Shortage Emergency Condition at their June 7th meeting.
A mandatory Stage 2 water shortage alert in the City of Sonoma water service area, in accordance with Sonoma Municipal Code 13.10.070, may by resolution be declared upon notification that the board of directors of the Sonoma County water agency has declared a 16 percent to 25 percent reduction in Russian River water supply delivery to the city or recommendation by the director that Stage 2 must be implemented in order to meet Stage 1 reduction goals. When a Stage 2 water shortage has been declared by the council, the following restrictions shall apply in addition to current water waste prohibitions:
- Refilling or initial filling of a swimming pool shall be prohibited;
- Use of water for nonrecirculating ornamental fountains by commercial customers shall be prohibited;
- Noncommercial washing of privately owned motor vehicles, trailers, and boats except from a bucket and a hose equipped with a shutoff nozzle shall be prohibited;
- Any use of water from a fire hydrant except for fighting fires shall be prohibited. Use for essential construction needs may be permitted by the director upon submittal of a permit application for construction water;
- Use of potable water for dust control at construction sites shall be prohibited;
- Residential and commercial irrigation shall be prohibited except on specific days and times as set forth by resolution of the council;
- Other uses deemed by council resolution to be nonessential by the council.
We Want to Hear From You!
Interested parties are invited to address any comments directly to the City Council, via email to email@example.com by 5 p.m. on June 21, 2021. Public Comment will only be received by email to the email listed above.
Interested attendees should visit the City’s CivicWeb portal to confirm the meeting location, time, and agenda. An agenda and staff report will normally be available on the Thursday prior to the City Council meeting. To receive future City Council meeting notifications via email, please subscribe.