The City of Sonoma is currently looking for a highly qualified candidate to join our team in the role of Building Official, offering a competitive monthly salary range of $10,227 to $12,431.
As the Building Official, you will play a pivotal role in planning, organizing, supervising, directing, performing, and coordinating various activities within the Building Division of our Community Development Department. This includes overseeing complex-level tasks related to building division administration, building inspection, plan review, and code enforcement of building standards.
- Act as the City’s designated authority responsible for administering and enforcing local, State, and Federal codes about buildings and structures within the City.
- Serve as the City’s designated Floodplain Administrator.
- Supervise City Building Inspector(s), Plans Examiner(s), and other assigned technical and administrative staff.
- Provide administration, enforcement, and interpretations of the California Building Standards Code.
For more information about the position, please take a look at the Building Official Recruitment Brochure.
This position will remain open until filled. To apply, please follow these steps:
- Obtain a City application from one of the following sources:
- City of Sonoma, No. 1 The Plaza, Sonoma, CA 95476
- Call 707-938-3681
- Visit our website to download the application.
- Prepare your application package, including a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application package electronically to:
- City of Sonoma, Attention Cathy Lanning, Administrative Services Manager, at email@example.com.
We appreciate your interest in this outstanding opportunity and look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.