How do I protest The proposed solid waste service rates?

You have the right to protest the proposed solid waste service rates. The protest must be in writing, and it must be submitted by either the property owner or a current ratepaying tenant. It must include the property service address and/or the assessor’s parcel number, the eligible individual’s name (property owner or tenant), a statement to the effect of “I protest the proposed solid waste service rates,” and an original signature.

Written protests may only be submitted by mail or in-person to the Office of the City Clerk, City of Sonoma, No. 1 The Plaza, Sonoma CA 95476, or during the Public Hearing on Wednesday, June 19, 2024. All protests must be received by the City Clerk before the conclusion of the Public Hearing. The Clerk will not accept or consider any protest received after the conclusion of the Public Hearing.

Only one written protest per affected property will be counted. Telephone, e-mail, and fax protests will not be accepted. At the Public Hearing on June 19, 2024, the City Council will accept and consider all written protests and hear all oral comments on the proposed solid waste service rate changes. Oral comments will not be counted as protests unless accompanied by a written protest as outlined within this notice.

Close window