The City of Sonoma provides a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a variety of alternative work schedules including a 9/80 and 4/10.
The benefits package includes:
• Retirement: CalPERS Retirement System – 2% at 55 formula based on highest year compensation and sick leave conversion. Candidates hired on or after January 1, 2013, are subject to restrictions imposed by PEPRA. The City does not participate in Social Security.
• Generous medical package for employee and family members.
• Dental and Vision Insurance: City pays 100% of the premium.
• AD&D and Long-Term Disability Insurance: City pays 100% of the premium.
• Life Insurance: City pays 100% of the premium.
• Vacation: accrues at the rate of 80 hours per year for the first three years and increases with years of service.
• Sick Leave: accrues at the rate of 4 hours per month with an additional 24 hours of Alternative Sick Leave awarded July 1 and 24 hours awarded January 1 of each year.
• Paid Holidays: 12.5 holidays per year.