Sunday 10/27/19 at 5:30 AM: High winds are resulting in power outages, downed power lines and trees in the roadway in Sonoma. City crews are currently in the process of assessing hazards and clearing large debris. Residents are encouraged to stay off the roads to the extent possible for the next several hours in order to allow hazard clearing to continue.
If you must drive, please use extra caution. Power is currently out at the traffic signal at West Napa St. and 2nd St West; treat the intersection as a 4-way stop in accordance with the vehicle code.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU SEE A DOWNED POWER LINE:
– Never, ever touch a downed power line or go near one. Power lines are not insulated like power cords. Always assume the power line is live.
– Don’t touch anything or anyone in contact with a downed power line.
– Keep children and pets away from a downed power line.
– Don’t drive over a downed power line.
– Leave the area immediately.
If there are no crews or traffic control at the site of the downed line, report it by calling 9-1-1 first, and then PG&E at 1-800-743-5000.
PG&E’s current outage map for Sonoma can be seen at http://critweb-outage.pgealerts.com/.