The City of Sonoma and County of Sonoma will open a temporary extreme weather warming center again tonight at 7:00 p.m. at the Sonoma Veterans Building in Sonoma. Based on freezing temperatures forecasted by the National Weather Service, the center will remain open through Saturday morning at 9 a.m.
The warming center will provide shelter for those experiencing homelessness and those without heat. Anyone wishing to use the warming center should arrive between the hours of 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. and will not be readmitted if they choose to leave the center before 9:00 a.m. The warming center is temporary and not an overnight shelter.
Warming center details:
Sonoma Veterans Memorial Building
126 1st St W. Sonoma, CA 95476
Today 7:00 pm – 9:00 am Sat. Dec.3
- Masks are required to be worn at all times.
- No television or radio will be available, but visitors may bring, charge and use their own devices.
- Light snacks and beverages may be provided.
- Food that is ready to eat is permissible; kitchen access will not be available.
- Due to space limitations, no more than one small tote and daypack per person is allowed.
- The City and County of Sonoma or it’s contractor(s) will not be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Visitors must comply with the City’s Standards of Behavior/Code of Conduct.
- Service animals (not pets) are permitted at the Extreme Weather Warming Center
For more details on the available winter shelters visit: SoCoemergency.org/emergency
For information on preparing for extreme cold visit: SoCoEmergency.org