Since the November 8, 2019 Planning Commission meeting, Verizon has submitted several new design proposals to staff for the three commercial applications, but as yet, no formal re-submittals have been provided to the City. As a result, the previously agreed to timelines for the Planning Commission and City Council to act on the commercially zoned Use Permits have been extended an additional 60 days to July 3, 2019.
The timeline for Verizon to notify the City that it wishes the City to re-initiate/proceed with the processing of its seven residentially zoned cell tower applications has been extended to July 31, 2019. The Planning Commission is required to make a determination on these applications by October 31, 2019 and the City Council to act no later than January 31, 2020.
Commercial Applications (3 applications) – Updated Calendar
- TBD – Planning Commission hearing on revised plans
- July 3, 2019 – Deadline for City Council final determination on any appeals
Residential Applications are suspended without further action until a final determination on the commercial applications.
- July 31, 2019 – Last day for Verizon to provide notice to reinitiate residential applications
- October 31, 2019 – 90 days after notice by Verizon to reinitiate the applications – Planning Commission makes a determination on applications
- January 31, 2020 – 90 days after Planning Commission determination – City Council makes final determination on any appeals
Visit the Small Cell Towers webpage for more information, documents, and past updates.