City Hall is open by appointment only 1/18/22 - 2/11/22 and all public meetings have returned to a virtual format temporarily due to the current surge of COVID-19

Get Coronavirus Information & Resources | Find a COVID-19 Vaccine

Report A Crime

Filing a Police Report with the Sonoma Police Department

If you witness a crime or suspicious activity but you were not the victim, please click here to submit a crime tip.

Sonoma Police Department takes crime reports within the City of Sonoma only. The Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office and Windsor Police Department are in different jurisdictions so crimes being reported in these locations need to be filed with them. If you are unsure of the agency you need to file a report with, click here to verify. Note: Patrol zones that start with WI are Windsor Police Department, patrol zones that start with SO are Sonoma Police Department, and anything else that has a zone number is Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office.

If any of the items below apply, please call 707-565-2121 to report the crime, do not file the report online.

  • You have suspect information, meaning you know the person who committed the crime, where to find them, or have a license plate of a suspect vehicle.
  • You are reporting a stolen vehicle, firearm, drugs, or property over $5,000.
  • Property was forcibly taken from your grasp.
  • You are reporting found property.
  • The crime involves firearms or drugs of any kind.

If you are the victim of one of the crimes listed below and none of the items above apply, please click here to file your report online

  • Annoying or Harassing Phone Calls
  • Fraud
  • Identity Theft or Fraudulent Use of Credit Card
  • Lost Property
  • Theft that does not exceed the amount of $5,000.
  • Theft from Vehicle that does not exceed the amount of $5,000.
  • Vandalism or Graffiti where the damaged value is below $400.
  • Violation of a Child Custody Order

All reports submitted are reviewed and may require follow-up or be rejected back to the submitter. Please ensure contact information and email information is current and accurate. The first email you receive after submission with a report number beginning with a “T” is not your permanent case number. You will receive an email with a report number beginning with a “SO” if your report is approved.

For any questions, please call 707-996-3602 Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.

Close window