A key component of emergency response in any community is the extent to which its residents and businesses have themselves planned for what to do in the case of an emergency. The S.C.O.P.E (Sonoma Citizens Organized to Prepare for Emergencies) program provides guidelines and training for neighbors to work together to prepare for disasters.
Sonoma Valley Fire & Rescue Authority (SVFRA) is holding annual S.C.O.P.E presentation & Hands-Only CPR training. The S.C.O.P.E. program includes emergency response, community preparedness, utility safety, and fire prevention. The Hands-Only CPR training will teach you what to do until help arrives & also includes Automated External Defibrillator (AED) familiarization.
S.C.O.P.E. Training Dates
- Saturday, March 2nd from 9-12 pm – Station 1
- Friday, March 8th from 6-9 pm – Station 5
- Sunday, April 7th from 9-12 pm – Station 1
- Saturday, April 13th from 9-12 pm – Station 5
- Saturday, May 18th from 9-12 pm – Station 1
- Sunday, May 26th from 9-12 pm – Station 5
Hands-Only CPR Training Dates
- Sunday, March 3rd from 2-4 pm – Station 1
- Saturday, March 9th from 2-4 pm – Station 5
- Monday, April 8th from 6-8 pm – Station 1
- Sunday, April 14th from 2-4 pm – Station 5
- Sunday, May 19th from 2-4 pm – Station 1
- Saturday, May 25th from 2-4 pm – Station 5
Sonoma Valley Fire’s Station 1 is located at 630 2nd Street West in Sonoma
Sonoma Valley Fire’s Station 5 is located at 13445 Arnold Drive in Glen Ellen
For more information please visit SVFRA’s website or call us at 707-996-2102.