FAQ Topic: Community Services

How do I get rid of large garbage items that don’t fit in my toter?

Sonoma Garbage Collector holds a Spring and Fall cleanup in April and October. Notifications are included in your spring and fall garbage collection bills. During these pickups, you can place one large item under 75 lbs and up to ten garbage bags. If you need a pickup outside of these cleanups you can call Sonoma … Continued

How do I register my vehicle?

Sorry, but you’re going to have to go to the DMV. To register a vehicle in California: Visit a local CA DMV office; the nearest are in Napa and Petaluma. Present proof of ownership and a smog certificate. Provide proof of your ID and car insurance. Complete an Application for Title or Registration (Form REG 343). Pay the $46 registration … Continued

How do I renew my vehicle registration?

Californians must renew their vehicles’ registration annually, as required by the CA Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Registration fees provide funding for such things as the building and upkeep of streets and highways, the California Highway Patrol, and local county departments. You can renew online, in-person, by mail or telephone at (800) 921-1117. You must renew in-person if … Continued

Close window