FAQ Topic: Community Services

What is 2-1-1 Sonoma County? (also known as 211)

2-1-1 (or 211) is a free service that connects community members to information about a wide range of critical health and human services available in their community.  2-1-1 Sonoma County is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 2-1-1 utilizes both bilingual Call Specialists and a phone-based translation service to offer 2-1-1 information … Continued

How are library services provided in Sonoma?

The Sonoma Valley Regional Library, located at 755 West Napa St., is part of the Sonoma County Library System.  A local Library Advisory Board provides information and make recommendations to the County Library Commission and the Library Director on matters affecting library service based on input from the Sonoma Valley service area. The Friends of the … Continued

I’m new to the city. How do I set up services?

Information on setting up water and garbage service is available at the Finance Department.  Additional information for new residents can be found at the Chamber of Commerce’s relocation guide page.

How do I adopt a section of the City bike path?

For information regarding the “Adopt-A-Bike Path” program, contact the Public Works Department at (707) 938-3332. Further information on the “Adopt-A-Bike Path” is available here on the website.

How do I report a pothole?

To report a pothole in the City of Sonoma, contact Public Works at (707) 938-3332. To report a pothole outside city limits, contact the County of Sonoma at (707) 565-2231.

How do I report a problem with a street light?

Contact the Public Works Department at 938-3332. Report the address and/or the location. If possible provide the number that is located midway on the pole. Allow two weeks for repairs.

How do I enroll my child in school?

Contact the Sonoma Valley Unified School District for public school enrollment.  Many of the area’s private schools are listed in the Chamber of Commerce directory.  

Where is the nearest hospital?

Sonoma Valley Hospital is located at 347 Andrieux St. in Sonoma.  It includes an emergency room and an intensive care unit.

Close window