How do I file for a liquor license?

To sell alcoholic beverages, you need a liquor license. You can find information about buying a liquor license from the California Department of Alcohol & Beverage Control (ABC). The nearest local ABC office is in Santa Rosa. You can call them at (707) 576-2165. Your business may also need special review and approvals from the City of Sonoma. Contact the Planning Department and we’ll let you know.
You can also get temporary licenses for events.  More information can be found on our Special Events pages. Please complete the form and email it to  You are required to collect the signatures from the property owner and the Police Department.
Close window