FAQ Topic: Public Works

Are there any other options being considered?

Another option considered is to wait and see results of Caltrans Pavement Rehabilitation project as currently proposed. Current project plans show high visibility crosswalks and improved signage at Patten Street, France/Andrieux Streets, Malet Street and Clay Street, and removal of in-ground light systems at Patten Street and France/Andrieux Streets. The current plan maintains the existing … Continued

Why is council considering changing the striping on Broadway?

The City Council is considering requesting that Caltrans restripe Broadway in response to community requests that City Council do something to improve Broadway pedestrian safety after a pedestrian was hit and severely injured crossing Broadway in April 2021.  Reducing the number of traffic lanes at pedestrian crossings would reduce the exposure of pedestrians to traffic … Continued

How do I report a water leak?

For water service questions, to report a leak, or water quality issues, please call (707) 938-3681 for immediate assistance during normal business hours. To report a water leak outside normal business hours, please call the Sonoma Police Department dispatch (handled through the Sonoma County Sheriff’s office) at (707) 996-3601. They will contact a City utility … Continued

Is the City’s water affected by the fires or rain run-off?

The City of Sonoma’s water supply and distribution system was not compromised by the fires.  Sonoma’s primary source of water is supplied by the Sonoma County Water Agency.  The Water Agency pumps water that is naturally filtered through rock, sand and gravel from wells about 100 feet below the bed of the Russian River and … Continued

What projects are currently underway in the city?

Projects to improve the City’s infrastructure (streets, parks, public buildings, cemeteries, and water system) are included in the Capital Improvement Program (CIP), part of the budget adopted by the City Council. To view the CIP and the upcoming, active, and completed projects, visit our Infrastructure Projects page.

How do I adopt a section of the City bike path?

For information regarding the “Adopt-A-Bike Path” program, contact the Public Works Department at (707) 938-3332. Further information on the “Adopt-A-Bike Path” is available here on the website.

Close window