Starting salary is generally the first step of the range listed; however, advanced step appointments may be approved based upon qualifications when warranted. Salary increases within the range are on an annual basis and may be granted based on a satisfactory service.
Summary of Employee Benefits
The City of Sonoma provides a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a variety of alternative work schedules including a 9/80 and 4/10.
The benefits package includes:
- Retirement - The City contracts with the California Public Retirement System (CalPERS) Retirement System – Classic Members - Miscellaneous 2% at 55 Candidates hired on or after January 1, 2013, are subject to restrictions imposed by the California Public Employees' Pension Reform Act of 2013 (PEPRA).
- Medical - Generous medical package for employee and family members.
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- AD&D and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vacation - Vacation accrues at the rate of 80 hours per year for the first three years and increases with years of service.
- Sick Leave - Sick Leave accrues at the rate of 4 hours per month with an additional 24 hours of Alternative Sick Leave awarded July 1 and 24 hours awarded January 1 of each year.
- Paid Holidays - 12.5 holidays per year.
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
The City does not participate in Social Security or State Disability Insurance.