The City of Sonoma responds to natural and man-made emergencies that occur within the City limits and works cooperatively with neighboring agencies to address emergency issues throughout Sonoma Valley.
The City prepares and updates on a regular basis an Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) that sets a framework and guides the actions that City officials and employees will take in emergency situations. The City's EOP addresses the planned response to extraordinary emergency situations associated with large-scale disasters affecting the City of Sonoma.
A key component of emergency response in any community is the extent to which its residents and businesses have themselves planned for what to do in the case of an emergency. The S.C.O.P.E (Sonoma Citizens Organized to Prepare for Emergencies) program provides guidelines and training for neighbors to work together to prepare for disasters.
Emergency Alerts & Warnings
Sign up to receive emergency alerts by phone, text, and e-mail for your area, even when you are not home. Register your phones and e-mail addresses at:
- SoCo Alerts: Use link or call (707) 565-1369 for more information.
- Nixle: Sign up to receive alerts and related information from the Sonoma County Sheriff's Office.
Emergency Warnings and Information:
- SoCo Emergency: If there is an active emergency in Sonoma County, detailed information will be posted to the Sonoma County Emergency and Preparedness Information website by the County of Sonoma.
- City of Sonoma Emergency Updates: In the event of an emergency, the City of Sonoma will post information and updates to this page.
Emergency Preparedness Resources
- Sonoma County Emergency and Preparedness Information
- Emergency Supplies Checklist
- Guide to Extreme Heat
- Small Business Disaster Preparedness Resources
- Disaster Planning for Your Pets
- CALFIRE Evacuation Planning Guide
- Sonoma County Sheriff
- Highway Patrol (Santa Rosa)
- Sonoma County Road Conditions and Closures
- Caltrans - Service Request
- PG&E - Safety Page
- Bay Area Air Quality Management District - Current Air Quality
- Earthquake Country Alliance
- Red Cross - How to Prepare for Emergencies
- Center for Disease Control
- FEMA - Coping with Disaster