Statement of Economic Interests – Form 700
Every elected official and public employee who makes or influences governmental decisions is required to submit a Statement of Economic Interest, also known as the Form 700. The Form 700 provides transparency and ensures accountability in two ways:
- It provides necessary information to the public about an official’s personal financial interests to ensure that officials are making decisions in the best interest of the public and not enhancing their personal finances.
- It serves as a reminder to the public official of potential conflicts of interest so the official can abstain from making or participating in governmental decisions that are deemed conflicts of interest.
The City Clerk is the Official Filing Officer for the City of Sonoma and responsible for:
- Collection, maintenance, and protection of filing and disclosure documents
- Maintaining and updating the City’s Conflict of Interest Code
- Public access to these materials, as prescribed by the California Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC)
City Council Members, Planning Commissioners, City Manager, City Attorney, and Chief Financial Officer are identified in Government Code section 87200 and required to file Statements of Economic Interests (Form 700) with the City Clerk’s Office. Filings for these officers can be viewed online on the FPPC website and are also available at the following locations:
City of Sonoma City Clerk’s Office
No 1 The Plaza
Sonoma CA 95476
1102 Q Street
Sacramento, CA 95811