In order to qualify as a registered voter in Sonoma County or anywhere in the State of California, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- You must be a resident of California
- You must be 18 years of age or older as of the day of the next election
- You must NOT be in prison or on parole for the convictions of a felony
- You have not been judged by a court to be mentally incompetent to register and vote
You will need to re-register to vote when:
- You move
- You change your name
- You change your political party affiliation
Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Election Day. In order to vote in any specific election, you must be registered 15 days prior to the election.
The California Secretary of State offers an online voter registration form and downloadable forms that are also available in Spanish.
Additional information can also be found at Sonoma County Registrar of Voters.